FizzyFunnyFuzzy Poetry For Children: New Poetry!

Poem of the Day

lauantai 27. elokuuta 2011

One of Those Days ...

It´s one of those days ... The weather is beautiful; a warm late summer´s day, clear blue skies, the sun is shining and it´s warm. There are so many things I should do. There are so few days of summer left! I should go out and sit in the garden, warm fresh air ... but I open the door where I sit in the basement with the tiny window and just look at the beauty of it all. It would be a perfect day for mushroom picking. It´s been raining nights lately , how ideal, I just have to make use of that, and the fact that it´s a mushroom year, and I love mushroom dishes .... sauses... with potatoes and lingonberry..... mmmm...But, I´m sore from training at the gym, and I am really tired as well.  I don´t have the energy, what a shame, all those mushrooms.... I suppose I could read, but somehow I find it hard to concentrate.... I think I will just go and stare at the telly ... silly comedies and honeysweet family dramas in a row.... I´ll go and look at the pictures....until it´s time to make lunch. They´re all gone again ....

In a few hours I´ll have to wake up though, and I will. I will put that machinery going called inspiration, and I will hit the town with my son .... and later we will join the others celebrating :). But to tell you the truth, it is one of those days I´d rather have had coffee and newspapers in the garden, gone mushroom hunting with my husband, and combined the trip with a swim, and then made a nice dinner together sipping some wine... after which the sofa and the telly, us sitting beside each other, silent, having the leftover wine from dinner and a piece of chocolate as we´re just watching, and taking up that magazine or book if it gets too boring.... It´s one of those days. 

I should have tried harder to arrange that crayfish party, I should not have given in so easily, I should have talked to people earlier, I should have convinced my husband it´s ok not to do anything on the house for one weekend. But it kind of slipped through my fingers... and there´s work... oh dear, there´s always work. Work is tiring, I just want to rest during the weekends. Just listen to the silence and write, poems, maybe. It´s one of those days.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti