FizzyFunnyFuzzy Poetry For Children: New Poetry!

Poem of the Day

perjantai 19. elokuuta 2011

(C) Ann-Christine Lindström

Insomnia

Sandman´s gone
and left nothing
but a pair of itching eyes
wideopen

nervous heartbeats
flutter anxiously
filling out the
empty head
with ever growing thunder
moving down
to lower stomach

window pane and
wall paper pattern
contours taking shape
wall paper pattern
window pane

sound of alarm clock
newborn thoughts of
possible disasters
escape and fade
shoulders tense

leg uncovered
then the other
feet on the floor
dozing off
eyes close
forced open
after seconds
or minutes
of uncosciousness
as every bone cries for
sleep and rest
right this minute

LIGHTS ON!
Good morning!
Wake up everyone!

pasting smile on face
standing up
swaying....

2 kommenttia:

  1. It's 5 AM and I just woke up and happened to come across this.... Serendipity, I say :)
    Excellent description, Ann Christine

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thank you Juan! I think I get notifications about comments in my gmail but I am so lazy to read my e-mail! Must get better on that :).Serendipity is my favourite word in the English language! True! I like the sound of it, and what it means! If it weren´t for the hope of serendipity, life would be rather dull .... :)

    VastaaPoista