FizzyFunnyFuzzy Poetry For Children: New Poetry!

Poem of the Day

perjantai 12. elokuuta 2011

Going to work

After a long summer holiday it´s finally time for me to go and earn my bread again... It´s the same every year, about a week before work starts I start to feel unease ... my thoughts keep wandering off to work, nervous flutter in the upper stomach area, light feeling of panic .... I let go of the thoughts with a frown thinking, there´s still plenty of time, don´t spoil your last days of vacation. The day before I go to work it feels about the same, just more intense, and there´s no frown...I can identify the toughest moment though: It´s when I wake up that very first morning. All of a sudden I am so tired and could still sleep for hours .... why haven´t I slept in more? And why haven´t I used my time better? I feel glued to the bed, and then, finally I have to get up. Once at work I see many other faces are telling my story as well, which makes it all easier. In the same boat. Slowly things come to mind and the mashinery starts...There´s still one morning of anticipation and nervousness - and that´s the morning you wake up and know today the show really starts - SHOWTIME! 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti